1. Fill tray and lid with water through fill holes to a level between minimum line and maximum line (marked on sides of tray and lid). In colder kitchen temperatures, fill to minimum mark or lower, and in hotter kitchen temperatures, fill to maximum mark. NOTE: Do not fill tray and lid with water past the maximum line as this will cause cracking or deformation of tray or lid:
2. Insert plugs provided into fill holes to hold water within tray and lid.
3. Place water-filled tray and lid in a freezer and allow to freeze. Silicone rubber mat does not need to be frozen. IMPORTANT: Store tray in a horizontal position, as storing tray vertically will eventually cause tray to crack and deform. NOTE: 30 day return policy voided if tray is stored vertically.
4. Remove tray and lid from freezer and place silicon rubber mat on tray. NOTE: If you are sensitive to freezing temperatures, use a wipe cloth or paper towel to handle the frozen egg chiller to avoid any injuries as EPI Food Safety LLC will not be responsible for any injuries caused by improper use.
5. Load tray easily by aligning tray over your common 30-egg cardboard flat and flipping. Straighten eggs manually if needed to allow next tray or lid to align properly. Repeat the loading process if multiple trays are used.
6. Place lid on top portion of egg-filled tray. Note: During busy times, lid can be removed and placed back on when the food operation slows down. If multiple trays are used, align and stack one tray on top of the next, then place lid on the top tray.
7. Trays can be reused and reloaded with eggs until a tray is no longer cold (monitoring egg temperature will dictate when replacement of a tray is needed).
8. In kitchen temperatures 85 degrees and above, trays will last approximately two to three hours. In 80 degrees and below, trays will last approximately three to six hours.
9. It is highly recommended to purchase extra trays to swap out melted trays, and assure constant safe cold holding temperature control.
10. Once trays have melted, simply wash, sanitize and place trays and lid in freezer. There is no need to replace water in trays and lid after each use. Monitor water level in trays through fill marks on sides of trays, and add water as needed. (If dishwasher is used to wash and sanitize eggchiller, remove plugs, as plugs have a potential to dislodge and get damaged or lost during dishwasher cycle)
11. Designed for your standard large eggs. Jumbo and extra large eggs may be used with trays, but multiple trays cannot be used as trays will not stack properly. New mat to accommodate larger eggs will be available soon.
12. Treat your new Egg Chiller product with care and like any other plastic food equipment in your kitchen, and in return, it will provide years of convenience and safe cold holding temperatures for your raw shelled eggs. Do not place product parts in microwaves, directly on cooking equipment, closer than one foot away from open hot flames, throw your egg chiller across the kitchen at a coworker, etc. Use common, practical sense when using this product as any (but not limited to) of the above mentioned items will void 30 day return policy.